As a kid, there was always one particular type of cereal I loved to eat – Squishmallows! The soft, marshmallowy marshmallows were so tasty, and it seemed like every morning my mom would make a new flavor for me.
But as I grew up, my love for simple cereal faded. Nowadays the only time I ever think about Squishmallows is when someone brings them to a party or when I see them on store shelves. In this article, we showed you How to clean squishmallows easily and fast.
What are squishmallows?
Squishmallows are a type of marshmallow that is made from cornstarch and sugar. They are often eaten as part of a Halloween costume, or as part of a treat during the Christmas season.
How to clean squishmallows:
- Remove the squishmallow from its packaging.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of warm water and 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- Dip the squishmallow in the water and vinegar mixture until it is completely wet.
- Let the squishmallow sit in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the squishmallow off with water, and then dry it off with a paper towel.
What are their ingredients?
Squishmallows are made with soft spandex and filled with polyester fiber.
Related: How to Clean Sheepskin Rug Easily
Learn how to cook them
If you’re a fan of squishmallows, then you’ll love learning how to cook them. These little treats are simple to make and can be enjoyed any time of year. Here’s how to clean them:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup (240 ml) of water and 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) of salt. Pour the mixture into a plastic bag and add the squishmallows. Seal the bag and shake to coat the squishmallows evenly.
- Place the squishmallows on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until they are light brown in color.
- Remove the squishmallows from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a serving bowl. Serve hot, if desired.
Cleaning squishmallows can be a bit of a chore, but it’s worth it to have clean candy for your Halloween party! Follow these cleaning tips to make the process as easy as possible.
- Wash the mallow in cool water and soap. Be sure to scrub all the nooks and crannies.
- Rinse and dry the mallow.
- If there is any sticky residue, use a dry cloth to remove it.
What we think
Now that you know how to make squishmallows, it’s important to know how to clean them up so they stay looking great. Follow these easy steps and your squishmallows will be sparkling clean in no time!
Importance of cleaning squishmallows
Cleaning squishmallows is an important part of ensuring their quality. If the squishmallows are not cleaned, mold and bacteria can grow, which can cause the squishmallows to spoil. Additionally, unclean squishmallows can create an unpleasant taste and smell.
To clean squishmallows, first, determine whether they need to be cleaned at all. If the squishmallows are just dirty, gently wipe them down with a damp cloth. If the squishmallows are contaminated with mold or bacteria, they will need to be cleaned using a specific cleaning method.
To clean contaminated squishmallows using a method known as wet-cleaning, fill a large bowl with water and place the squishmallows in it. Soak the squishmallows for 30 minutes or until they are clean. Carefully remove them from the water and towel dry them off. Make sure to avoid touching the antibacterial agents that may have been applied to the outside of the bowl.
If you do not have access to wet cleaning, you can clean contaminated squishmallows using a method known as dry cleaning.