When it comes to Apple products, one of the most sought-after features is the ability to ping your AirPods. This can come in handy if you lose one of your AirPods, or you just want to know where they are (and hopefully return them to their case).
Pinging AirPods lets you find them within 30 feet of your location, and it’s easy to do! Follow these instructions if you’re looking for how-to ping AirPods fast tips!
How to Ping Your Airpods Fast
When Apple debuted its new wireless earbuds, it advertised an interesting feature: double-tapping one of your Airpods lets you quickly find them on a map. Unfortunately, that feature didn’t ship in either of the two generations of Airpods. Now Apple is offering yet another update with its latest iOS 12 software update. Here’s how to ping your Airpods even faster!
- First, make sure you have your iPhone or iPad updated to version 12.1 or later…
- Next, select any one of your Airpods from within your Bluetooth settings
- Tap Manage Bluetooth Devices along the top
- Scroll down and select Add Bluetooth Device
- Select your Airpods from within your iPhone or iPad
- You should see a prompt that indicates it’s connected successfully
- Tap Done when you are finished managing your wireless devices!
- Now double-tap either of your Airpods, wait for a second
- Then place them back in their case
- When they automatically connect with the case
- They will create a ping sound to let you know they are connected
That’s it! Now you can track down either of your missing Airpods quickly using its map icon on your iOS home screen!
How do I know if my AirPods are working?
To see if your AirPods are working, press and hold either of their pairing buttons. If they’re in range of your iPhone or paired with your Apple Watch (if you have one), a connection should be made within a few seconds. If there’s no connection, make sure both devices are on and try again.
If they still won’t connect, check that they’re fully charged and try again in a different spot. It’s also possible that walls or other objects are blocking Bluetooth signals from reaching them.
How to Ping Airpods when Dead
It might seem tough getting to find your dead AirPods, but take a chill pill because there is always a solution to everything remember? Even if your Airpods decides to go off by itself, and you cant just figure out where you used it last, these tips would show you how you can locate or find a dead Airpods swiftly.
Well, this comes in handy if you already have your AirPods connected to the “find my app” but if you didn’t connect it to this app then sorry to say you might not find your AirPods except you come across it by a miracle.
How to set up Find my App
- Fisrtly,aAllow “Find My App” to use your location
- Then click on Continue
- After which you would tap “Devices” on the bottom menu
- Here all of the devices connected to your Apple ID should be automatically visible.
Follow the below steps to find your Airpods with the Find Me App;
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Find My app.
- Go to the Devices tab, and choose your AirPods.
- Scroll down to Mark as Lost, and select Activate.
- Follow the onscreen steps if you want your contact information to display for your missing AirPods.
- Select Activate.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: 5 Tips on How to Fix 403 Forbidden Error on Google Chrome