Whether you want to listen to one album or just one song on Spotify, you can find your desired selection by searching for it in the app.
Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, however, you might not want your songs to play in shuffle mode—that is, you don’t want them to be shuffled every time you play them from then on.
In this article, we would be showing you How to Turn Off Shuffle on Spotify on Android.
Luckily, turning off shuffle mode on Spotify is simple and quick once you know how to do it! Here’s how to turn off shuffle on Spotify for Android so that your music won’t play randomly anymore.
One of the world’s largest audio streaming services, Spotify boasts millions of users who listen in millions of ways.
On top of this, they have an incredible number of songs in their catalog. You can stream using their app on any device with an internet connection.
For Android users, Spotify has a native app that has features that work in similar ways to a standard music player.
Many users are frustrated because they cannot turn off the shuffle play feature on Spotify. If I’m not mistaken, it is the default setting for Spotify’s shuffle play to be turned on.
That being said, the songs on the playlist will not play in the same order, which some users find undesirable.
They want some degree of say in their music choice.
In this post, we will be telling you how to disable shuffle play on Spotify in a user-friendly way.
Let’s jump into it…
However, other users have found a way to disable the shuffle feature in the free version of Spotify, so we will show you how to do that.
In the process, we will also explore the process of disabling shuffle play on the PC and the web player. That said, let’s begin.
How to Turn Off Shuffle on Spotify on Android for Premium Users
You’ll have all the features that Spotify has to offer if you’re using Spotify Premium on your Android phone.
As a result, it is simple to switch between on or off shuffle as well as quick to do so. Here is how you can turn off shuffle play on the premium version of Spotify.
- If you haven’t yet, make sure to launch the Spotify app on your android device.
- Simply start playing a song of your choice.
- On the music player screen, you will find the shuffle icon in the bottom left corner. You may find the picture above helpful. The shuffle icon resembles two arrows crossing each other.
- When shuffle play is turned on, the icon will be green.
- To turn it off, simply tap on the ‘Shuffle’ icon and it will turn back to its original white color.
- If the Shuffle option is unchecked, that means it’s turned off.
It’s all done. You have turned off the shuffle play feature on your Spotify Premium Version on your Android phone.
How to Turn Off Shuffle on Spotify on Pc or Web
On the PC app, or on the web player, how do you disable the shuffle option? Yes, it is possible to. To be able to do that, you may need to subscribe to Spotify Premium.
Therefore, if the Shuffle feature is only available for premium subscribers on the PC/web player, then we will instruct you to try the following steps, even if you are not a premium subscriber.
- Locate the Spotify app on your computer. Or visit the official webpage of the Spotify web player through your preferred browser on your computer or mobile device. If you have not already, you might need to log into your Spotify account.
- Choose any song you want. You can play it from your preferred playlist.
- To find the music player options at the bottom of the screen, simply play the song and there will be a menu with buttons for controls like play/pause, next/previous, shuffle, repeat/shuffle, etc.
- The shuffle icon will be located near the Next/Previous icons. It will resemble two arrows crossing each other.
- Look for the shuffle icon to the left of the navigation panel at the bottom of the screen. If the shuffle feature is turned on, the icon will be green.
- However, if you tap on the shuffle icon, it will change to white. That means shuffle mode is disabled.
How to Turn off Shuffle on Spotify for Free Users
Above, we have shown you how to disable shuffle on the Spotify Premium service. What if you are using the Spotify Free version? It is possible, should you be fortunate, to follow the techniques we’ve covered above.
Also, they work for people who are Spotify-free and even if you are a free subscription user. On the other hand, you might not be able to turn off the shuffle option if you are on a free subscription.
That being the case, you will need to work around the situation.
The solution will be to download a modded Spotify app to your android phone.
This app has a lot of premium features even if you are a free user.
Yet don’t forget, the modded Spotify is not from Spotify. It is not an official app as well. Several developers collaborated to make this version of the Spotify app that allows users to utilize Spotify as best as possible.
Another thing to mention is that if you choose to use this modded Spotify app, it could have viruses or malware and you have to do it at your own risk.
Please know that any damage or issues that might happen to your phone are not our responsibility.
If you want to take the risk, you can download and use the modded version of the Spotify app. Here’s how to do it…
Note: Please be aware that these instructions are not approved by Google, so we can’t be responsible if your phone is harmed by trying these steps. You do it at your own risk.
- Firstly, click here to download the modded version of Spotify
- Then install it on your device