Whether you are a Snapchat, TikTok, or facebook person you would attest to the fact that using emojis or even chat Avatars is a great way of spicing up the conversation but not until memoji was introduced to the iPhone and even made it better.
You’ve probably seen people using Memoji on their iPhones and wondered how they do it. Well, wonder no more.
In this post, we’ll show you how to use Memoji on Android phones. It’s actually very simple and a lot of fun.
Let’s get right in…
How to use Memoji
If you’re an iPhone user, you’ve probably heard of Memoji. But what are they, and how can you use them on your Android phone?
Memoji is animated characters that you create yourself, using your own facial features. You can use them to represent yourself in texts and videos, or even as stickers in chat apps, Like messenger, Whatsapp, and the likes.
To use Memoji on your Android phone, you’ll need a phone that’s running Android 9.0 Pie or later. Then follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Settings app and go to System > Advanced > Biometric > Memoji.
- Tap the slider to turn Memoji on.
- Create a new Memoji or choose an existing one.
- Confirm your creation by tapping OK.
- To use your Memoji, open any app where you can type text or send videos, and tap the emoticon icon.
How to create my own memoji
Follow these steps to create a Memoji on your Android phone,
- Open the Messages app and select the conversation you want to use it in.
- Tap on the arrow next to the text input box and select the Memoji icon (it looks like a face with two circles around it).
- This will open a selection of Memoji that you can choose from. You can either use your finger to drag the Memoji you want to use into the text input box or tap on it to select it.
Once you’ve created your Memoji, you can edit it by tapping on the settings icon (it looks like three circles). Here, you can change your skin color, hairstyle, and color, and add accessories like hats and glasses.
Benefits of using a Memoji
There are a few great benefits to using Memoji on your Android phone. First and foremost, Memoji is a lot of fun. They allow you to create a cartoon version of yourself that looks just like you, and you can use them in your texts and chats to add some personality and character.
But Memoji isn’t just for fun—they can also be really useful for expressing yourself. For example, if you’re in a meeting and you need to take a quick note, you can use your Memoji to doodle instead of taking notes in longhand. Or if you want to send a WhatsApp message with a bit more personality, you can send a Memoji instead of just text.
To create your own Memoji, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Messages app and select the conversation where you want to use your Memoji.
- Tap the App Store icon and select the Animoji tab.
- Tap the plus sign in the top-right corner to create a new Memoji.
- Name your Memoji and choose its skin color, hairstyle, eyes, and more.
- Tap the Done button when you’re finished.
- To use your Memoji, tap the Animoji icon in the Messages app and select it from the list.
How to use Memoji on Android
Now that you know how to create and use Memoji on your Android phone, it’s time to learn how to share them with others. Here are a few simple steps to get started:
- Open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to share your Memoji in.
- Tap the App Drawer icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the Memoji icon.
- Tap on the Memoji you want to share, then tap the Share button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the method you want to use to share your Memoji, then follow the on-screen instructions.
If you’re having trouble getting Memoji to work on your Android phone, don’t worry, you’re not alone! A lot of people are reporting this issue. Here are a few things you can try to fix:
First, make sure that your phone is updated to the latest version of Android. If it’s not, the Memoji feature may not work properly.
Next, try restarting your phone. Sometimes a simple reboot can fix minor software glitches.
If that doesn’t work, you may need to clear the cache and data for the Messages app. This will reset the app to its default settings and may fix the issue.
Finally, if all else fails, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Messages app. This should take care of any remaining problems.
Now that you know how to use Memoji on your Android phone, go create some amazing avatars of yourself and have a little fun with your messaging. Memoji is a great way to show off your personality and add some fun to your conversations.