Pharmacist Jobs in USA: Job Outlook and Required Qualifications
Pharmacy is a critical aspect of the healthcare system in the United States. It play an essential role in the provision of patients with the right medication and dosage. The demand for pharmacists in the USA has been on the rise, and it is projected to continue to grow in the coming years.
Are you interested in working as a Pharmacist in the United States of America? Then this piece would be perfect for you as we would carefully explore all necessary qualifications required to become a pharmacist as well as some of the best places to consider for such job in the country.
In order to become a pharmacist in the USA, you’re required to complete a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) degree from an accredited university or school of pharmacy.
Aside the Pharm D. qualification, applicant would be expected to pass the following license exams
- North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam (NAPLEX)
- Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam (MPJE)
These exams are required in order to access your knowledge of pharmacy practice, law, and ethics.
Job Outlook for Pharmacists in the USA
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment of pharmacists in the country is projected to grow by 3% from 2020 to 2030. The factors that would contribute to the increasing demand for the pharmacist in the country include increasing demand for prescription medications, aging population, and advancement in pharmaceutical research.
Pharmacists can work in a variety of settings such as retail pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, and research institutions. According to the BLS report, the highest paying industries for pharmacist include scientific research and development services, pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing, and outpatient care centers.
Best Places to Find Pharmacist Jobs in the USA
There are many job boards and websites where you can find pharmacist jobs in the USA. Below are some of the popular destination sources;
- LinkedIn: This is a professional networking site that allows job seekers to connect with employers and recruiters. It has a job search feature that allows you to search for pharmacist jobs by location, experience level, and industry.
- Indeed: This is one of the largest job search engines in the world with millions of job listings in various industries, including pharmacy. You can search for pharmacist jobs by location, salary, and experience level.
- Pharmacy Times: This is a leading source of information for pharmacists and pharmacy professionals. It also has a job board that lists pharmacist jobs across the country.
I believe you have the required information to proceed to pursue your dream as a Pharmacist in the country. Working as a pharmacist can be competitive but the information above and some other resources along with other resources should enable you to prepare to outshine the competition.