The holiday of love is just around the corner, and you’re probably scrambling to find an ideal Valentine’s Day gift for your husband. The problem? You don’t want to resort to the predictable flowers and chocolate gift basket that he’ll receive from his co-workers or even worse, his ex-girlfriends! Fortunately, with these four DIY Valentine gifts for husbands, you can give him something much more personalized this year that reflects your love and relationship together as husband and wife.
Say Happy Valentine’s Day with a gift they’ll love
Something you made with your own two hands. When it comes to Valentine’s Day, gift-giving can be a tough gig. Sure, chocolate is nice, but c’mon—you’ve been together a while.
Whether your guy is a foodie, sports nut, or all-around handyman, we’ve got some ideas on how to make him go gaga over his homemade Valentine’s Day gift. Scroll down to check out some easy-to-make DIY presents that he’ll enjoy all year long!
It doesn’t get much more personal than a mug that reads World’s Best Dad. There are tons of options out there; if you don’t have time to look, try a Target or Old Navy store (they have multiple designs), or go online and find one you like.
Then, print off a picture of your loved one on any photo paper (photo paper is pretty cheap) and use Mod Podge to put it on top of the mug. Once everything dries completely, bake it in an oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Voilà! You’ve just made a personalized mug. This is a great gift to give if you want to make a really unique present that’s still useful. The photo will protect against breaking, and they’ll be able to drink their coffee with their favorite person every morning.
Selfie photos on a cufflink box
You can create a customized box and fill it with your husband’s favorite cufflinks, as well as his favorite photos. Snap a couple of selfies of you and your hubby together, print them out on glossy photo paper, and glue them to pieces of cardboard.
Then arrange the photos on top of some decorative papers in an elegant box. Tie a red bow around it and voila! He will love it, especially if he really likes cufflinks. You may even include some cufflinks that he has not worn before so he could wear them with his new beautiful box.
We can create your custom cufflink box at a great price. All you need to do is pick one of our designs, and then place your order online. We’ll send it directly to your home in just a few days so that you have enough time to attach those photos to it.
Choose from three sizes-small, medium or large – depending on how many photos you would like to include. Not only is that cufflink box a great way of showing him how much you love him and appreciate him, but it is also very thoughtful!
A handwritten card with your favorite picture from your honeymoon
A great Valentine’s Day gift idea is to ask your photographer if they have any favorite photos from your honeymoon. Ask them to print a few of those images, and mail them with a blank card. You can include an ink pen so that he can write in his favorite picture, or simply sign his name on it. No matter how many years go by, he’ll always remember where you two first said I do.
A print on canvas
A personalized, print-on-canvas is a great Valentine’s Day gift for your favorite guy. Similar to a framed photograph, canvas prints are easy to create, come in a variety of styles and sizes, and typically use archival inks to prevent fading. You can also choose your preferred frame or have one custom-made – it’s up to you! Find options on sites like CanvasPop and Snapfish.
Love Notes Everywhere!
Every single day, do something thoughtful for your husband. Put a love note in his lunch bag, say good morning to him with a kiss, or clean up after yourself so he can relax while watching TV at night.
These small gestures will show him you love and appreciate him—and that’s what Valentine’s Day is all about! What are some other things you can do to make your husband feel loved? Leave them in the comments below!
Which DIY gift will you be making for your sweetheart? Let us know in the comments! If you need even more ideas, check out our Pinterest boards! Don’t forget to check back next week for more posts on everything wedding-related, including bridal party gifts and fun reception decoration ideas.
We love creating new content and sharing all of our favorite finds with you! As always, if you have any questions or want to share some of your own DIY creations, feel free to leave a comment below. Be sure to come back and visit again next week—we’ll be posting daily from now until Valentine’s Day!
Are Guys Supposed to Get Gifts on Valentine’s Day?
Now, even if we’re not in a serious relationship and are just dating, there’s a good chance our boyfriend or potential significant other will want to make sure that we know how much he cares about us.
Of course, there are some guys who think Valentine’s Day is nothing more than an excuse to spend money on their girlfriends or wives—and that’s okay too.
It all comes down to whether you see Valentine’s Day as a Hallmark holiday designed to sell greeting cards and roses or if you view it as an opportunity to let your spouse or girlfriend know just how much they mean to you. There’s no right answer here: It’s totally up to you! But what do men really expect on Valentine’s Day? A little something extra from their significant other is always nice, but don’t feel pressured into doing anything you’re not comfortable with.
Men, we’d love to hear from you too! What does your significant other love about Valentine’s Day? Leave us a comment below letting us know!
Do guys get flowers for Valentine’s Day?
When it comes to sending flowers on Valentine’s Day, you’d think that women would be sending them to their significant others. But according to one study, 45% of men prefer receiving a gift they made with their own hands-on Valentine’s Day over receiving gifts from someone else.
So if you’re trying to get some brownie points with your hubby, make something homemade! It’ll show that you put some thought into his gift and he’ll appreciate it even more. The great thing about these DIY Valentine gifts is that they are simple enough for anyone—regardless of artistic ability—to make.
Plus, each one will be so unique because they have personal meaning behind them from yourself. The best part? Each one only takes an hour or two to make but will last much longer than flowers or any other store-bought item!
For starters, making your own wooden sign is easy and cheap.
What does a girl give a guy for Valentine’s day?
Guys are hard to shop for, especially when you don’t know what he’s into or what he already has. If your husband is anything like mine, it’s best to keep Valentine’s Day simple and sweet.
My husband is a big fan of anything related to sports, so I always try to make little custom gifts that have something to do with his hobbies (last year I made him a football out of foil-covered pretzels).
Another great idea? Instead of buying him something overpriced, buy him coupons that he can redeem on things, you both love. For example, One coupon could be an all-expenses-paid trip back home while another might be a free night of babysitting so you two can go out on a date! What will your DIY gift ideas be?
Is Valentines Day for men or women?
Valentines Day is a sweet celebration that is set aside each year to show how much you love your partner. This day was originally intended for lovers, but it’s changed over time.
As more and more single people join in on celebrations, Valentine’s Day has become popular among all romantic partners. If you are wondering what to give your husband for Valentine’s Day, there are many DIY (do-it-yourself) gift ideas that you can use to make something special. Choose from one of these simple gift ideas so you can show your husband how much he means to you!
What should I give my crush on Valentine’s day?
Valentine’s Day can be a nerve-wracking holiday, especially if you’re still in love with someone but haven’t told them. Many people ask themselves what they should give their crush on Valentine’s Day.
Whether you and your crush are currently dating or just friends, many people like to give gifts on Valentine’s Day to show their love and appreciation. But sometimes, picking out a present that your crush will really enjoy isn’t easy and it can be tough to find something both personal and creative.
The following DIY gift ideas are perfect for those looking for original yet thoughtful presents that aren’t too out there. There is no better way to make someone feel special than by doing something thoughtful with your own two hands! The best part of these Valentine’s Day craft ideas?
They’re all super easy to make, and almost everyone can be made using common household items. Whether you’re in a rush or have lots of time, there’s sure to be an idea here that you’ll love making and giving!
So take a look at our list of romantic DIY Valentine’s Day gifts and get ready to wow your crush on February 14th More Valentine’s gift ideas: How to Make Lasting Love Last in 10 Steps
- Forever your necklace: This jewelry box is so beautiful, it’ll bring tears to their eyes. The lid doubles as a display stand, making it perfect for displaying at home or when showing off with pride! The best part? It’s made from cardboard! Check out how you can make it here.
- Heart-shaped breakfast in bed: There are plenty of ways you can surprise your man with an amazing breakfast in bed. If you think he would love waffles, consider trying one of these heart-shaped waffle makers that are perfect for making cute little designs into them! It’s a nice way to start off their morning and show how much you care about him. Here’s a heart-shaped template so they have some idea what it will look like!
- Coordinating mugs or coffee cups: Valentine’s Day is all about showing each other how much you care, and there is no better way to do that than by drinking out of matching mugs or coffee cups. Not only does it make for a great photo opportunity, but there’s also something extra sweet about being able to hold his favorite beverage in a cup just like yours! With instructions here, anyone can make their own set.
- Cute valentine’s day gift boxes: These gift boxes are so simple yet so cute; they’re sure to make him smile from ear to ear when he opens them up! They look especially good with a red or pink bow around them, making them an especially fun present for kids to give as well as adults.
- Funky valentine’s cards: A lot of people are fine with just getting flowers on Valentine’s Day, but some would rather get homemade Valentine cards instead of material gifts — and that is completely fine too! Here are three fun ways to make your own funky valentines day cards using paper bags or cereal boxes. This will really make their heart melt when they open it up at breakfast time!
- Special k-cup love pack: Let your special someone pick their favorite coffee out of a K-cup pack—or you can even include all their favorites in one box to give them a choice between each one! You can have as much fun as you want to decorate these, so feel free to do so if you’re feeling creative that day! Here is an adorable printable template for Valentine’s K-Cup coffee packs that works perfectly for any kind of cup (plastic cups work especially well).
- Valentine breakfast in bed gift baskets: These breakfast baskets are so quick and easy to make; they make such a wonderful gift idea that anyone would appreciate getting on Valentine’s Day! The best part? They’re homemade and don’t require anything crazy or expensive either — just some basic items from your kitchen and local dollar store.
- Homemade Valentine’s Day plushies: These are so cute and easy to make; everyone will want one! This is a great project to do with your kids if you have any; it’s sure to be a blast, plus they’ll have something super cute to give their crush on Valentine’s Day too! You can find instructions here.
- Special DIY Valentine’s Day cards: This is another great project that you can do with your kids. It’s so cute, and will really have them feel like they’re getting something special on Valentine’s Day! Check out these easy instructions to make them here.
- Mix CD or iTunes gift card: When it comes down to it, sometimes people are happier when they don’t get a material gift; even if he just wants music or an album download of his favorite artist, that would still be a lot better than something he already has — plus now he can listen to it together with you in celebration of Valentine’s Day!
PEOPLE ALSO READ: How to Find Hidden Cydia on iPhone